Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My baby

Suddenly I wake up.
Someone called out my name,
or is it just a dream.

Somehow, I stand up.
I Walk unsteadily towards the Dias.
The hangover of the beer we had years ago
Is still strong.

I can hear the people clapping.
Some crying, some sobbing.
All standing.
Is it just a dream?
Or is it true?
It's true.

Am I walking alone?
I look over my own shoulders.
Yes I'm.
Am I crying?
Yes I'm.

Are you there? Somewhere?
I look around.
No you aren't.

Finally I reach to the center stage.
Someone came and gave me something.
All I could hear is people clap.
And I'm expected to say something.
What do I say? What am I expected to say?

As usual, I'm not prepared again.
I never wanted to compose one
After you were gone.
I never wanted to win
After you were gone.

Finally here I'm
Standing mute.
Unable to speak.
Thinking that it's not this,
But it was you, my baby, whom I had wanted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

muuuuuuuuuuah!!!!